All School Christmas Chapel 2019

Mr. Conant

Faith Williams, Editor

On Thursday, December 19th, all grades came together for the annual chapel in celebration of Christmas. Students and family members alike were welcomed to attend the chapel service. The Band and Choir joined together to lead everyone in singing “Do You See What I See?” After, Jazz band played a rendition of “The First Noel.” Following the music, various students ranging from 1st-12th grade read Bible verses in preparation for David’s message. Then, elementary students proudly sang  “It’s About The Cross”, while conducted by Mrs. Senerius. Kindergarteners were also thrilled to sit by their Senior buddies during chapel! The Marching Band then showcased their award winning show, “Danzón.” Mr. Arrell led us in prayer before the message, brought by Pastor David Morrison. The service was very impactful, reminding us that light pierces darkness and shows us the way to safety. He then reminded students to live out 2 Corinthians 3:18 which says, “So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.”

After Pastor David’s message, Mr. Arrell presented a monetary gift to Mr. Gerry, our school custodian. This gift was raised by students to bless him, as well as the rest of the janitorial staff, this Christmas season. The students and staff here at GCCS love Mr. Gerry, and appreciate all the staff that keep our school in order. Concluding the service, Mr. Arrell called Caleb to the stage. Caleb is a senior who leads the High School on the worship team, as well as in small groups, and in daily life. Caleb has felt the call of ministry upon his life, and will be pursuing a degree in ministry in the coming Fall.

Mr. Arrell leads the introduction and prayer

Wreath made of all current student’s hand outlines

Mr. Claassen conducting symphonic band

Trumpet trio including Damaris, Graham, and Natalia.

Choir and Band leading “Do You See What I See?”

Band and Choir

Miss Scarberry conducting the MS and HS Choir

Mr. Claassen with the jazz band

Third grade student leading the school in reading Psalm 72:11

Elementary students singing “It’s About the Cross”

Rebecca leads the Marching Band in playing their show, “Danzón”

Color guard performing “Danzón”

Worship team leading Christmas worship music!

Pastor David Morrison encouraging students to reflect the light

Mr. Arrell presenting Gerry with his gift

Caleb taking the light to symbolize his call to ministry