The Marching Eagles Bring Victory Home

Nick Williams, Reporter

It’s a great time for the GCCS marching band! Last Saturday, our very own marching band went to Lebanon High School where they performed the first competition of the season. On the cold, intense day, they were able to master their nerves and provide an award-winning performance to the audience. While band is full of hard work, competitions are exhilarating nights full where the musicians can truly show off all the effort they put into the show. The band performed “Trapped in Time”, a performance based on the inherent nature of time and how it plays into our lives. It goes through three movements, each further explaining the mystery of the ever-ticking clock. Mr. Claassen, the band director here at GCCS, was very proud of how they performed. He had this to say about the event:

This past weekend, the band performed very well. In terms of our progress so far this season, I would say that it was our best overall run of the show. We plan to have our whole show ready to go by our performance this Saturday at Teays Valley. You can see the band perform at Teays Valley or at our next home football game on October 8.”

You heard it here, everyone! The marching band will have the full show ready by this Saturday. Judging by their previous impressions, this show is one you absolutely don’t want to miss. We wish you the best of luck, so get out there and bring some more trophies home!