Grove City Christian holds 14th annual high school graduation

John Conant

Class of 2017 throw hats into the air in celebration of graduation

Mr. Conant, Newspaper Advisor

On June 2, 2017, Grove City Christian School held the 14th annual high school graduation with 44 seniors graduating.  The event took place in the Worship Center at Grove City Church of the Nazarene.

Senior gather in the food court prior to the ceremony-photo time
John Conant
Mr. Riley Robey directs the High School Band in the Prelude and Processional
John Conant
Mrs. Rebecca Jeffries, GCCS High School Principal, welcomes the graduates and guests
GCCS Faculty and Staff
Opening pledges are led by Stevie Whinham, Senior Class President, and Matt Bailey, Senior Class Vice President
John Conant
High School choir and band in the singing of the National Anthem
John Conant
Class of 2017 during the singing of the National Anthem
John Conant
Pastor Mark Fuller, Senior Pastor, Grove City Church of the Nazarene, with the Invocation
John Conant
GCCS High School choir under the direction of Miss Lindsey Scarberry, sing “For Good” by Schwartz
John Conant
Mr. Hunter Oda, Class of 2017 Salutatorian, gives his address
John Conant
Mr. Matthew Tyler, Class of 2017 Valedictorian, gives his address
Mr. David Arrell, GCCS Director of Education, makes the presentation of the World Changers Award to Mrs. Kacey Barahona-Bolin, GCCS Graduate from 2012
Mr. Jacob Holmes, Pastor of Worship Arts at GCCN, leads in congregational singing of “In Christ Alone” by Getty and Townsend
John Conant
Mr. James Smith, President of Enrollment Management, Mt. Vernon Nazarene University, gives the commencement address
John Conant
Mr. James Smith, addressing the class of 2017
John Conant
Mr. James McMillan, GCCS Middle/High School Assistant Principal and Mr. Donald Rogers, Chairman of Education Committee, present the Class of 2017
John Conant
Mrs. Nancy Gillespie, School Counselor, gives Jime Hidalgo a hug. Mrs. Gillespie read each graduates name and what they will be doing next year.
John Conant
MayMay Pattananukulkit gets her diploma from Mrs. Rebecca Jeffries, GCCS High School Principal
John Conant
Class of 2017 throw hats into the air in celebration of graduation as class president Stevie Whinham leads them in the turning of the tassel
John Conant
Mr. David Arrell, GCCS Director of Education with Senior Class President Stevie Whinham-leads in a prayer of Dedication and the Benediction
John Conant
GCCS High School Band, under the direction of Mr. Riley Robey, plays the recessional
John Conant
Graduates Josiah Pashovich and Lauren Bankey, celebrate at the cookie reception

Congratulations Class of 2017!  May God bless you as you go from Grove City Christian High School.  Check out more images from graduation below and all of the images at http://gccs.zenfolio.com/p500802409

Images of individual students are located on Zenfolio.com (gccs).