Arts in the Alley

Bubba, Grove City Christian’s mascot, rides along with the cheerleaders and gets the crowd going!

Melinda Baker, Editor

Arts in the Alley took place on Saturday, September 16th in downtown Grove City. The Arts in the Alley parade is an ongoing tradition in Grove City, Ohio and this year it celebrated 38 years of being one of Central Ohio’s longest running music and arts festivals. Select students had the opportunity to march in the parade, while others were lucky enough to ride on an elaborate float. Those who were given this unique opportunity were those in the marching band and those in the cheerleading program at Grove City Christian. The cheerleaders who participated in the parade ranged from those in fifth grade all the way to seniors in high school who cheered on the Varsity squad. The intermediate football team was also able to walk and pass out candy to everyone attending the parade. Students enjoyed seeing and waving to familiar faces as they walked the streets of downtown Grove City. Students are already buzzing about how excited they are for next year’s parade while the seniors are sad to let the tradition go.

Varsity cheerleaders yelling a cheer while they sit atop a float and ride along the parade route.

The Grove City Christian marching band is led in the parade by Mercedes Sosa and Makayla Harr.
Mr. Robey directs the band as they practice before the parade begins.