Class of 2018 Senior Chapel

Melinda Baker, Editor

On Thursday, May 10th the Class of 2018 was honored in the annual senior chapel. Family and friends were invited to come and celebrate with the seniors during this time. During this chapel, seniors were recognized for their accomplishments. The Class of 2018 raised a total of $5.8 million dollars in academic scholarship offers this year! Seniors took turns standing while Mrs. Gillespie read aloud their after graduation plans. After those plans were announced members of Student Council and chaplains were recognized. Leadership awards were also handed out as well as certain scholarships. Representatives from the GCCS P.T.O., Jackson Township Fire Department, Army National Guard, and Rotary Club all came to present their scholarships to students. Caleb Sullivan, Jessalyn Hoyt, Daniel Lauron, and Kent Writesel were among the recipients of these financial awards. Also, students who have attended GCCS since kindergarten were given a small gift at the chapel as a thank you for their continuous dedication to our school. Seniors enjoyed this time together as a class, especially since it was their last chapel at Grove City Christian. This chapel made seniors very eager for graduation! The next time that seniors will be altogether in the worship center will be at graduation in their cap and gowns!

*Graduation will be held on June 2nd in the Worship Center at 7pm.