Fall Sports Teams

Gidgyt Hartman, Student Reporter

The current Fall sports season of 2019 has been off to a great start! The football team won their home opener on August 24th with a score of 48-6 against Springfield Catholic Central High School. This was a great way to start off the school year and get everyone excited for football games.

The soccer team is having a great season so far with multiple victories! There are many returning players and also many new players who are helping to get us back into the championship run this year!

highfiving the other team after the game

Volleyball started the season off with 2 victories against Whetstone and Grandview High School. They’ve had a few great wins and sad losses but they’re doing an amazing job this season!

The golf team has played very well this season and are currently 2nd in their league! They are being very supportive of the new golfers and showing them the ropes so they will be well-skilled by the end of this season.

The Cross Country team has had a great start with their meets! There are many dedicated and fast runners who will do great things for the team!

This year, there is a great cheerleading squad with a few new faces. All of the girls have pep and great school spirit to help us represent our school and get everyone excited at football games!

The marching band lost quite a few seniors last year, but there are many newcomers who are very talented at their instruments! The new show for this year is sounding great so far, but there is still more to come so make sure to come the football games to support and hear the marching band play!

These are the Fall Sports of 2019. Everyone is very excited to see how each of these teams do this season so make sure to come out to the games and check on http://grovecitychristian.org/ to see the schedules and scores of the teams! Stay tuned for more info on the Fall sports!