Volleyball Senior Night

Gidgyt Hartman, Student Reporter

Volleyball Seniors

This past Thursday, October 11, 2018 was the Volleyball Senior Night. There are 4 seniors this year: Gidgyt Hartman, Katie Jacobs, Taylor Oda, and Brooke Poling. The girls were recognized before the start of the varsity match and were given flowers and gifts by their fellow teammates and coaches.

Gidgyt Hartman

Gidgyt Hartman is an outside front and back row player. She has done a phenomenal job this year and leads the team in aces!

Katie Jacobs

Katie Jacobs is a middle hitter who sometimes plays back middle as well. She is leading the team in kills and has improved greatly!

Taylor Oda

Taylor Oda is the full time setter and has been doing an amazing job. She leads the team in assists and she does a lot for the team!

Brooke Poling

Brooke Poling is a right side and has been doing a wonderful job this season!

On Senior Night, the girls played Millersport High School and won in 3 sets. What a fantastic way to finish the last home game! After the game, each girl was recognized again by their coaches in front of friends and family and were given their last gifts. I’m sure that will be a night for them to remember! The volleyball team played Millersport again on October 16th and won again in 3 sets. Their regular season is officially over and they have a record of 9-8. Their first tournament game is Thursday October 18th at Gahanna against Tree of Life. Let’s wish the best of luck to the volleyball team as they begin tournament play! Visit grovecitychristian.org to see their schedule and to come out and support them.