What’s a Student Ambassador?

Morgan Iverson, Student Reporter

Inside the walls of Grove City Christian sits a group of students who can add “Student Ambassador” to their college application. This group of students are lead by Mrs. Blandin, the Director of Development. The goal of Student Ambassadors are to accurately portray the essence of this school- faith, truth, and honesty.

Ambassadors help out with a myriad of jobs throughout the school year. Within the first two months of the year, students are involved in the Christian College Fair and an annual event in the elementary wing, Grandparents Day.Throughout the year, Ambassadors give tours of the school to potential families.

The Christian College Fair is an event that takes place in September, with numerous colleges from all across the country coming to our basketball gym. Ambassadors help college reps get settled, help other schools get logged in, and go wherever Mrs. Blandin needs them.

In addition the college fair, GCC holds an event the Friday before grandparents day, welcoming grandmas and grandpas for a program in the worship center with their grandkids. Ambassadors help the grandparents get checked in and guide them towards their grandchild’s classroom after the program. The students are treated to a half day, and are able to leave at noon with their grandparent. Most of the student ambassadors have been at GCC since elementary school, and can be seen as testaments to how this school has made them who they are.