Christmas Concert

Christmas+Concert

Gidgyt Hartman, Student Reporter

The Middle School and High School Christmas concert was December 3rd, 2018. It was a very beautiful concert and all of the students did a great job!

The first to perform were the Middle School strings. The 3 songs they played were Jingle Bells Boogie,  Angels We Have Heard on High, and Deck the Halls. They did a fantastic job and have a lot of potential if they wish to continue in strings!

Next, the High School strings performed 3 songs: 12th Street Rag, March from “The Nutcracker”, and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. They have improved exponentially since they played at the Christmas concert last year and I’m excited to see how they continue to grow in their abilities!

The Middle School choir performed Christmas Time is Here, Love Came Down, and Christmas… In About 3 Minutes. They did a great job!

The High School choir sang O Come, O Come Emmanuel, Hark! The Angels Sing on High, Winter Wonderland, and Carol of the Bells. They sounded amazing!

The High School Show Choir girls performed Step Into Christmas, Jingle-Bell Rock, and Underneath the Tree. They have improved greatly since last year and it was very enjoyable watching their sing/dance combo!

After the High School choir performed, the boys left the stage and the girls were joined by the Show choir to perform Breath of Heaven. They sounded very good together!

The Symphonic Band performed Carol of the Bells, On Joyful Wing, and The Three-Minute Nutcracker– during which there was a dance solo performed by Abby McDonald. The band sounded absolutely amazing and I’m excited for what they will have to bring to the Spring concert!

Overall, this concert was absolutely gorgeous, and if you missed it, make sure to come to the Spring concert!